An award-winning financial technology company that is pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions is hiring Sr Software Engineers!. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, they have raised more than $100 million in venture capital, have about 200 people in their company and their personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
They have been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
They are looking to hire a Sr level Software Developer with at least 5 years of full-time professional development experience to join their team! where you will be working on implementing entirely new features and functionality from scratch, as well as enhancing, maintaining and bug-fixing their existing code-base. You will also have the ability to work on various components of their apps, including their in-depth user-analytics, back-end/number-crunching/data-processing core or the presentation layer. You will be leading and coordinating the work of a small technology team and working with their product organization to determine goals and requirements.
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering to build reliability into their products
- Collaborate with software engineers and product managers to understand their customers’ needs and the design decisions of the product
- Lead decisions for the development team in a way that orchestrates technical efficiencies
- Take an instrumental role in creating software design patterns and fault tolerant systems
- Work closely with other application engineers and SREs to build performant CI/CD pipelines
- Work as part of the team to design and implement the scalability solutions of their fast-growing production systems
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical role
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development principles
- Proficiency in developing reliable, fault-tolerant, software. Java or Python is a bonus.
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL) and some understanding of non-relational datastores
- Excellent knowledge of common programming patterns
- Conviction in applying best practices and high quality code in your solutions
- Enthusiasm in mentoring other engineers
- Demonstrated history of designing and implementing distributed and fault-tolerant systems at high scale
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Excellent communication
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave