A Successful Health care Tech Company that is a leader in cancer ressearch is looking for a Sr Director of Product to join their team and help them accomplish their mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient.
You will join their Research Data Organization to help build a software platform that enables their subject matter experts to design, generate, and manage complex research data sets. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you'll be responsible for developing strategy and roadmap, as well as being a key cross-functional leader for the organization. You will manage an established team of group product managers and individual contributors and be charged with further developing their skills as PMs.
In addition, you'll also:
- Own aligning the Research business strategy and metrics with our product development efforts and leading the RDP teams from design through successful rollout
- In partnership with your cross-functional peers, guide the broad range of talented colleagues that staff RDP’s initiatives and teams, including software developers, data insights engineers, and clinical operations teammates, to build a platform for technology-enabled expertise that unlocks the next wave of cancer research
- Work with Flatiron’s cross-functional leaders (including peers from product, engineering, and scientific functions) to identify opportunities to accelerate the work of the Research product lines
- Lead large, multi-team software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity
- Create detailed road maps, prioritize relentlessly, and manage trade-offs across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Nurture a high-powered team of group PMs and product managers, and coach them through the full development lifecycle for key products
- Identify and fix process gaps around execution, roll-out, and ongoing support of software projects
- Communicate and evangelize the value of a platform for technology-enabled expertise to the business stakeholders
Who You Are
You have a sharp analytical mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for taking on some of the most complex challenges of our time. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a substantial amount of experience in a product management or similar role in a software, SaaS, or technology-enabled expertise environment
- You have a proven track record of managing and developing large teams of product managers
- Strong product management skills and excellent organizational and communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of software products’ development, roll-out, and support risks
- You have strong technical empathy and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- You are comfortable developing software solutions for fields in which you are not an expert
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills