A fast growing Tech startup out of CA that is building an app framework and collaboration hub for building and sharing data-oriented applications — plus an entire community around all of this is looking for a Product Manager!
They are a. collaborative team of technologists who share a common goal to give the data community superpowers that let them project their creativity, intelligence, insights, and influence out into the world. They are well funded with great investors, and they're building the future of data and looking for engineers to join their family-friendly and remote-first startup. The team is comprised of folks from a variety of backgrounds with experience at Google, Heroku, Facebook, Twitter, Carnegie Mellon, and Stanford. And some of them didn't go to school or work anywhere fancy. They don’t care where you went to school or where you worked before, just that you're excited to help make an amazing experience for building data apps.
What you'll do
- Own product decisions and execution on the Ecosystem vertical of the company, which focuses on the following vision: "What features can build into Streamlit so our community can further self-power its own growth and health?"
- Lead the product roadmap on a team with dedicated engineers, focused on solving problems in one of our highest-priority vertical areas
- Launch new products and features, testing their performance, and iterate quickly
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, wireframes, and prototypes
- Manage the development of features on both their open source library and in on our SaaS offering
- Collaborate with the broader product management team to help identify product opportunities, develop MVPs, and validate with users
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with teams beyond engineering, including design, community, support, sales, and more
- Work closely with marketing on key aspects of go-to-market planning including pricing, packaging, positioning, competitive analysis, and sales enablement
- Meet frequently with executives to present product vision, and participate in brainstorms and business decisions
- Contribute to the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for their products
- Conduct user research activities such as user interviews, surveys, and usability studies, translating research insights into product ideas and solutions.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into elegant product decisions
It's important to us that you have...
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Proven record of launching and improving products
- Experience and passion for building social/community/viral product experiences
- Experience and passion for providing a minimalist experience (i.e. how much can we remove from the scope?), but with maximal user impact and a high level of polish.
- Ability to handle uncertainty, complexity, and rapid change
- Experience coordinating multiple projects or work-streams simultaneously, and, equally importantly, knowing when to say "no" to projects
- Experience driving group discussions, navigating complex requirements and feedback cycles, coming up with solutions and building support for them
- Ability to work with engineers to make product decisions.
- Passion for open source and developer tools
It would be awesome if you also had...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building SaaS products
- Experience working on data science or machine learning-related products
- Experience with Python
- Experience on developer-focused or data science/machine learning teams or products