An award winning Ad-Tech Company is hiring a successful Assistant Controller will be a highly detail-oriented, self-starter who thrives within a fast-paced startup environment. An Assistant Controller will be responsible for providing high level support to Controller as they manage Company’s accounting, financial and general administrative activities.
They are a a SaaS company that offers full-service digital marketing and creative services. Alexia, their Ad Engine, launches and manages campaigns at scale. Alexia can produce thousands of stunning creative assets and launch the same day encompassing both CMP (Creative Management Platform) and DCO (Dynamic Creative Optimization) capabilities. Their marketing SaaS offering can be paired with a bevy of additional AdTech tools for campaign execution and management across multiple ad platforms. Alexia allows them and other agencies to disrupt the traditional billable hours model and launch in the leanest way possible.
They were named the #65 fastest-growing private company in the US and the #7 fastest-growing marketing/advertising company on the Inc. 5000 list for 2020. They are also listed by Crain’s New York Business as the #7 fastest-growing company in New York. They are a women-owned and minority-owned business with a commitment to diversity.
- Prepare financial statements and present to management or other stakeholders
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Work with Controller with various ad hoc reporting to management
- Assist Controller with budgeting and forecasting
- Work with Controller to update policies and procedures
- Manage Company's accounting records using QuickBooks
- Manage and send client invoices
- Monitor collections and follow up when needed
- Assist with client billings
- Review and approve employee expense reports and vendor invoices
- Assist Controller review vendor contracts
- Work with Controller on 401(k) reporting and compliance
- Assist Controller and HR with employee benefits management
- Assist Controller manage general administrative duties
- Delegate tasks to junior staff
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in accounting or finance related roles.
- Previous experience as Assistant Controller required.
- Bachelor’s degree required (in Accounting or a related field preferred).
- Solid understanding of GAAP and applicable regulations
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- High proficiency with Excel required
- Quickbooks (online preferred)
- SAP a plus.
- Previous experience with ERP implementation desired
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and time management are essential
- Ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, prioritize and highly organized